Happy First Day of Spring, friends! We made it through the Winter — officially. (Living in Virginia, where we often experience all 4-seasons in any given week, it’s questionable that it’s really “Spring” but we’ll just go along with the calendar saying so.)
It’s been a fun but stressful week here in my little world but I’m still LOVING some things that have eased my stresses, so here goes!
- Reading is my escape from reality these days – it’s FABULOUS to be able to check out from the grind and daily nonsense and this week I got absolutely lost in this book – I got the Kindle edition from Amazon and stayed up until the wee hours just to finish it because I got completely sucked in. It’s a def MUST READ. Apple Tree Yard by Louise Doughty. Apparently, there’s also a mini-series of sorts on the BBC but I haven’t checked that out yet. Let me know if you have and if you recommend it:).
- In true celebration of Spring time, I got a hair cut this weekend – just a trim and shape up really. But it’s at that “just got cut and doesn’t really do what I tell it to” stage so I’m loving this stuff that my friend Erica recommended: SGX NYC The-Do-It-All. It’s a dry shampoo meets hairspray concoction that refreshes and smells fabulous and also lightly holds a style. This stuff is super yummy, y’all.
- Aromatherapy is my new jam. I love everything in my home and environment smelling like roses, rainbows and sunshine. It’s been a hard week – I know I already said that – BUT, this stuff is what’s up and I cannot get enough of it: Spray the Bitch Away. “An aromatherapy spray for when you’re irritated, pissed off, annoyed, tired, peeved, frustrated, enraged, and have an overall bad attitude!” is their own description of this stuff and it’s PERFECT. It includes Rose Geranium and Clary Sage, Lavender, Bergamot, and Frankincense, which all have a calming effect. Let’s breathe.
- I’ve needed hella inspiration this week. If you need some too, my latest favorite human that we share this planet with is Tanya Markul aka the Thug Unicorn. Check out her poetry and words and find your way forward. (There’s even a tee-shirt and it’s super cute on her site. At least I can wear something to remind me of my voice when I’m down.)
- This week’s favorite quote:”May you always be the one who notices the little things that make the light pour through, and may they always remind you: There is more to life and there is more to you. ” – Morgan Harper Nichols